We have celebrated and discussed enough about the evergreen cult movies like Jaane Bhi Do Yaaro, Bombay to Goa, Andaz Apna Apna or Golmaal which have hugely entertained us and become iconic even if they were not great hits. In the recent times, Zoya Akhtar gave us one such classic when she made Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara.
The movie had all the ingredients of an absolute block buster bollywood commercial masala movie. Yet, it had that deep sublime thread about human emotions, friendship and humor binding the three friends together. Shot over the incredibly stunning and vast locales of Spain, this movie makes you sit back and take notice of your own feelings lying dormant deep within the crevices of your heart. Javed Akhtar’s poetry is the best icing on the cake one could ask for. Here are some of the awesome things Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara taught us.
1. BPL Actually means – BUM PE LAAT !!
2. The Tomatina is THE world ka THE sabse THE bada THE tomato THE fights hai.
3. You can actually ask a girl to let you enter the bathroom when she is bathing.
4. If you really like a girl then “insaan ka kartavya hota hai koshish karna”.
5. People should stay in boxes only when they are dead.
6. The correct way to say is “Yeiu aarr myantally chyallenged my buoayy”.
7. Your best friends will always give you the honest advice. Even if it means breaking off your engagement.
8. Wherever you go in the entire world, people are the same.
9. The best way to kill your fear is – just keep breathing !!
10. Know there is something fishy when your friend says “Mujhe tere bare me kuch pata chala hai”.
11. You should say sorry only if you mean it from the heart.
12. If you are walking with wonder in your eyes – then you are ALIVE.
Image Credit: George Williams